Serving the Central Coast Since 1985

Locations to Train

• Sunday, February 06, 2011 6:05 PM
    Message # 517128
    Ron Stahl (Administrator)

As someone that lives in a city with a postage stamp lot for a backyard I know the challenges that we all face every day trying to find places to train.  I personally train in a business park in Buelton, in empty lots along the 101 freeway, and at the Mission in Solvang.  I train early in the morning and some of these locations cannot be used when using bumper launchers or blowing a whistle on blind retrieves.  If you have a location that you think others can use or if you are looking for a place or someone to train with post it hear.

• Monday, February 07, 2011 6:50 PM
    Reply # 517896 on 517128
    Jason Smith (Administrator)
    Ron & Suzette Stahl wrote:

As someone that lives in a city with a postage stamp lot for a backyard I know the challenges that we all face every day trying to find places to train.  I personally train in a business park in Buelton, in empty lots along the 101 freeway, and at the Mission in Solvang.  I train early in the morning and some of these locations cannot be used when using bumper launchers or blowing a whistle on blind retrieves.  If you have a location that you think others can use or if you are looking for a place or someone to train with post it hear.

In the north county besides the local sports field  and empty lots to do drills, Big sandy wildlife area in San Miguel is where I go a couple times a week its a great place to go, Also there are some decent spots on the los padres forest. Patricia Varian offers  the ranch to dog train for a fee and has some great spots. My biggest gripe is decent water to train on. I use local farm ponds and the Salinas riverwhen they are full and I get access, if not its Nacimento or San Antonio Lake. With water being the hardest thing to find thats why I head to Lost Hills CRTA weekly to train. If any one wants to get together and share spots to train I am available.

Central Coast Hunting Retriever Club © Copyright 2006-2016 - Online Surveys Powered By QuestionPro - Web Polls Powered By MicroPoll